Thursday, March 4, 2010

It's in the Blood! I married a church planter

After 27 years you would think that you would know just about everything about your spouse. You would think that, but not so in my marriage. Just the other night as Bonnie and I were talking (that's a good thing every once and awhile), she revealed to me that church planting is not new to her. I said, "You've got to be kidding!". "What you talking about Baby!". I guess when she was a young teenager she and her family were involved in a church plant. I didn't realize that. Wow! I married a woman who has church planting DNA. It's in her blood. I didn't know! I wonder what else I don't know. Is she living a double life :)

Little did I know that church planting would be in the family. I'm always amazed at how God orchestrates our lives and His plans. When my wife was young God gave her an experience that would help her grasp what He has for our future. I am so thankful that she is so supportive of this journey. I guess for such a time as this.

My prayer is that God will raise up others that have church planting in the blood, in their DNA. Only God can do that! I believe that God has many people ready for this plant. God will reveal them to us in due time. Maybe you are one of them. Are you desiring something new, something fresh, an adventure like no other. Well, so far it's been the greatest ministry experience of my life. If your heart beats a little faster and you sense that you need to know more than let me know. Let me know how you are feeling, maybe, just maybe it's in your blood and you haven't been aware of it until now. Maybe you aren't married to a church planter, you are a church planter.

What's your blood type?

No comments:

Post a Comment